Materials & Finishes
- Fat Carbon- is a synthetic carbon fiber composite material with alternating layers of carbon fiber and a color layer. When machined the contours reveal the different layers.
- G-10 or garolite is a high-pressure fiberglass laminate, a type of composite material It is created by stacking multiple layers of glass cloth, soaked in epoxy resin, then compressing the resulting material under heat until the epoxy cures.
- Micarta- is a composite formed from layers of a substrate (cloth, paper, and carbon fiber, to name a few) compressed and set in resin. As a result, micarta is lightweight, strong, dependable, good-looking, stable, and cost-effective.
- Tero Tuf is more shock absorbent than micarta, g10 or carbon fiber and also provides a superior grip similar to rough sanded canvas micarta but produces a better grip than canvas micarta when wet. It is an electrical insulator and rated for temperatures up to 200F
- Ultem- a transparent amber colored high performance polymer material with high strength, rigidity, dimensional stability, heat and chemical resistance properties.
- Titanium- is a lightweight metal alloy, and it offers the best corrosion (rust) resistance of any metal. It's a little heavier than aluminum but still considered a lightweight metal and much stronger. Alas, it's also more expensive to machine.
Stonewashed is just plain jane stonewashed
Blasted is bead blasted
Roughwash is bead blasted and then stonewashed for an excellent EDC finish
Darkwash is dark blasted then stonewashed.
DLC is a Diamond like carbon coating.
You can email us for any custom anodizing needs you have and we will do our best to meet what you are looking for! Below you will find our anodizing chart that we go by. We are UNABLE to anodize black.
Micarta and Tero Tuf scale sets come dry. The natural oils of your hands will darken them up. You can also use any kind of cooking oil, mineral oil, baby oil, beard oil, Ballistol Oil to darken them up (remember a little oil goes a LONG way)!